Food trailer may be a Western concept, but it is more popular in the Middle East. There are a wide range of festivals during which food trucks flood the streets of Dubai, offering an exhaustive variety of eatables. If you are thinking of being a part of this flourishing business, then you have come to right place. There are six standard steps to start your food truck business in Dubai. russian chocolate
- Acquire a Permit: Before you could even start planning the specifics of your food trailer business, you need to acquire a food permit/license from the Food Safety Department in Dubai. After submitting all the relevant documents, you need to wait for the approval. Only then do you need to draw up a static plan for your food truck.
- Business Plan Submission: Get a proper business plan in place. You need to make it as detailed as possible. This time around, you will require approvals from the Department of Economic Development, Dubai Municipality, the Road and Transport Authority of Dubai (RTA), and the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA). Initially, submit your business plan and related documents to the Economic Department and the Municipality, since there is no point in first gaining approval from the RTA and DEWA if the former two establishments reject your proposal.
- Kitchen Approval: Oh yes! You will need an approval from the government for your kitchen as well. The food trailer is a mobile business, always exposed to fuels from the truck. You need to design your kitchen in such a way that all the safety protocols are met. Consult an expert for the purpose. Ask him/her to create an HCCAP certified kitchen layout. You need to submit this layout to the proper authorities for approval. You will also be asked for the trailer layout and blueprints, so take those along as well.
- Pick the Ideal Location: Now that all your government related documents have been approved, all that remains is the location. Ideally, you should start scouring for locations as soon as you get the final approval, since food trailer spots are hard to come by. Not because they are few and far between, but because they are being filled up pretty quickly in Dubai.
- The Assembling Process: Once you have acquired the right location, you need to make that spot your own. Start customizing your trailer inside out. But before you do anything else, you need to assemble the components. You can get the fitouts from the same place that you got your food truck. If it not available there, then you need to import it from Germany or the US. Hire a professional to help assemble your food trailer.
Once you have set up the trailer, put your culinary skills to work and start serving the folks that line up at your truck. If you are wondering where to purchase or rent an assembled food truck, you can visit Bespoke Trailers right away to get the best rates.